This guide will show you how to check your bank verification number (BVN ) Status – using a mobile phone with or without data subscription. This Glo, MTN, Airtel, 9mobile or any other network in Nigeria.
Though some banks have created some dedicated (USSD) shortcode to allow customers check their BVN on their mobile phone, read on to check the shortcode that works with all the banks.
How To Check your Bank Verification Number in Nigeria
Dialing the shortcode below and NIBSS will returns the BVN associated with your mobile phone number. To retrieve your BVN number on phone,
simply dial *565*0# from that particular line you used for your account registration at the bank.
and wait for an SMS containing your verification status and Eleven (11) digits BVN number
*565*0# is the Code To Check You Bank BVN
GTBank Code for checking BVN
For GTBank customers can dial *737*6*1# to check BVN
This code can be used on all types of networks and phones even your small torch light phone
You can also check your BVN number with your bank App. But it requires internet connection for this process.
Code for checking BVN
|First City Monument Bank||*565*0#|
|Keystone Bank Limited||*565*0#|
|Stanbic IBTC Bank Nigeria Limited||*565*0#|
|United Bank for Africa||*565*0#|
|Union Bank of Nigeria||*565*0#|
How to Enroll for BVN in Nigeria
- Get to any Nigerian Bank branch and fill out enrollment form
- Present yourself for biometric data capture at the same branch
- Enrolment Ticket ID will be issued you at the end of biometric capture exercise
- BVN will be sent to you via sms after 48 hours of enrolment
- You can check your BVN from your 9mobile, Airtel or MTN line by dialing *565*0# after 48 hours of enrollment.