Nigeria’s domain name is .NG. It provides a wonderful opportunity for local and international businesses looking to promote themselves in the country.
By registering a .ng domain name read as “dot ng.”, your company can provide relevant and localized information about your product and services to Nigerians.
NiRA is a non-profit, non-governmental self-regulatory organization that manages the.ng Nigeria country code TLD (ccTLD)
It is the registry for.ng Internet Domain Names, and it operates according to the 3R model (Registry/Registrar/Registrant). In other words, it does not register domains for registrants directly.
Local domain names, such as.ng for Nigeria, project a professional image for your business and indicate your dedication to local clients. You may increase your company’s income by focusing on the local Nigerian market.
- 1 Reasons you need to register a Nigeria Domain .Ng?
- 2 How much does it cost to register a. NG domain name?
- 3 How to Register a .Net.Ng
- 4 How to Register a.Edu.Ng
- 5 How to Register a .Gov.Ng
Reasons you need to register a Nigeria Domain .Ng?
- If you register Nigeria .ng domain name extension, your company name will be protected in your brand Nigeria and its territory.
- By registering Nigeria .ng domain name extension, you can prevent your company name, your brand name from being purchased and misused by others.
- Nigeria .ng domain name address serves your growth, not others.
- Nigeria .ng domain name registration will strengthen sales and marketing for your real and potential customers in Nigeria and the region.
- By registering as a .ng domain name you can go up in higher positions in search engines like Google, Yandex, Bing, Yahoo.
.NG domain name extension is the official top-level domain of Nigeria.
How much does it cost to register a. NG domain name?
The Prices for .ng domain names range from ₦500 to ₦12,000 per year – depending on the specific cctld or sld you are looking at purchasing.
Here is a list of Top NiRA Accredited Registrars to buy Nigeria’s premium Country Code top-level domains ccTLds and pay in naira
Nigeria’s leading Web Hosting and Domain Registration company, providing SME and reseller web hosting with WordPress and Joomla.
They are a trusted source for domain registrations in Nigeria.
Having managed over 20,000 domains, they are more experienced and Nigerians rely on them when registering a .NG domain name.
They are Nigeria’s leading Domain Name Registrar accredited with NiRA. With over 23,000 happy customers we are simply the best.
How to Register a .Net.Ng
The domain.net.ng is a closed one. The.net.ng SLD requires registrants to be licensed Internet Service or Telecoms Providers. Below are the requirement to register.
- To register a.net.ng domain, the applicant must be one of the following:
- A Nigerian business that has been registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission.
- A sole trader.
- Before it can be authorized, the registrant must present a copy of the Nigerian Communications Commission license for the provision of Internet and Telecoms services.
How to Register a.Edu.Ng
The.edu.ng domain names are for educational purposes, mainly for post-secondary institutions i.e College of Education, Polytechnics and Universities. You are required to:
- You must submit the following documentation to register a.edu.ng domain:
- A copy of their NUC accreditation certificate.
- A letter of consent from the school must be provided, enabling you to register the domain name on their behalf.
- contact information for a senior staff member who will function as the domain’s contact.
How to Register a .Gov.Ng
To register a.gov.ng domain name, you are required to submit of the ministry or state government parastatal that intends to register the domain name.
The letter should be addressed to NIRA (Nigeria Internet Registration Association) and include the domain name to be registered as well as the name of the person authorized to register the domain by the agency.
This approved individual must be employed by the ministry, and the letter should include the following information.
- Authorized person’s full name
- Contact information through email
- Number to call
- e-mail address
Your request will be vetted after this is received, and NITDA will validate that your request is authentic. The registration and activation of your domain should take around two weeks.