Windows 10 is a personal computer operating system developed and released by Microsoft as part of the Windows NT family of operating systems. Installing windows 1o in a PC consists of the “preparing to install”, “installing”, “getting everything ready” phases, which takes take quite some time.
- Complaining why windows 10 download is taking forever to install?
- how long does it take to install windows 10 on a new computer?
- how long does it take to install windows 10 from usb?
- how long does it take to clean install windows 10?
- how long does it take to reinstall windows 10?
Do you care to know?
Here are some of the factors that affect time taken to install windows 10 on a pc :
- System Specification ie (Ram Size, Processor Speed, Cores)
- Version of windows 10 you are installing (Windows 10 32bits or 64bits)
- Windows 10 Clean Installation (Generally this is the faster way to install windows 10)
- Windows 10 A Reinstall
- Windows 10 upgrade (upgrading from previous OS like windows 7 or windows 8 can impact seriously on the installation time because of the extra time in takes to backup)
- Type of Media you are installing on (ie. writing speed of the HDD or SSD)
- Type of Media you are installing from (Read speed of the DVD Rom, USB Flash Drive or Internet download speed)
- updates and drivers Installation (Time take to download windows update and the time that may be needed to find and apply hardware drivers)
after considering all the factors listed above, there is not side that fits all; Windows 10 installation time is really dependent on read and write speed of the device involved. these are the current benchmarks have recorded while trying to install windows 1o on different PCs.
- With a basic thumb drive and a typical HDD it may be anywhere from 20-40 minutes.
- It takes about to 7-10 minutes to install windows 10 on an SSD using a flash drive with ~200MB/s read speed
- For old notebook model upgrade time may take 25-30 minutes.
- upgrade OS from Windows 8 on INTEL Celeron 2.6 GHz with SATA hard drive may take 15 minutes for 32-Bit or 20 minutes for 64-Bit.
This is the Minimum system requirement for windows 10 Installation
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
- Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display: 800×600