when does amazon charge for pre orders? is it when the order is placed (checkout) or before ship?
When you place a pre-order, Amazon does not debit your card right away. Amazon verifies your card or account information and then saves the data until just before the release date.
The normally charge for pre orders on the release day, when your shipment status is changed from “Not yet Shipped” to “Readying for Shipment” were No preauthorizations or anything is required
Amazon pre orders Amazon charge Date
- Amazon does amazon charge upfront for pre orders
- Amazon charge for pre orders on the Release Day
- Amazon processes orders once they are ready to ship.
- Amazon might charge you more or less for pre-order if there is price fluctuation during release.
- You don’t lose your pre-order if your credit card gets declined, when charged.
- No preauthorizations or anything is required because your have given amazon authorization to charge your credit card already which was verified before the pre orders was made.
- If you cancel your Amazon preorder item before shipping, your credit card wont be charged.